Monday, January 26, 2009

Memories

This might turn into a weekly thing because after this weekend I realized that I have lots of memories I want to try to get on "paper".

This weekend we went to Gainesville Florida to visit my graduate school advisor, Geoff Dahl. He was my advisor in Maryland for my Master's and my advisor in Illinois for my Ph.D. He is the Department Chair in the animal science department at U of FL.

Just driving down to Florida started bringing back memories. I spent so much time with Geoff and his family! The weekend was fun and as easy going as it always was even though I hadn't seen them since July 2004.

The first time I met Geoff, Linda, and their first three kids (Kellie, Zoe, and Caleb) was when Geoff invited me to have Thanksgiving with them. I wasn't going to be able to go back home to Wisconsin from Maryland and it was the first Thanksgiving that I wouldn't be spending with my family. I didn't have a car so Geoff drove down to College Park and picked me up and we went back up to Columbia where they lived. Linda's family were sharing the meal with them also so it was a wonderfully chaotic time, just like it always is with my family. I remember Zoe, who was almost 6 at the time (she is almost 16 now!!!), being very cranky. A comment was made that she always goes through her glucose stores so fast because she is paper thin and eats like a bird and runs around like crazy. When the meal is late on the table, of course she would be cranky!

Many more memories are stored up in the memory banks just waiting to find the paper...stay tuned!

The girls having fun with Tesslyn at Zoe's basketball game.


Zoe is tall but needs to get tougher :-)


Caleb and his friend Andrew playing an NBA game. Loran has his coffee in hand, a must have for a Sunday morning. I will admit it was nice not to have to rush to get Loran to church on time to practice for the service.


Tess and Ankica playing with a tunnel and all the other toys. Ankica called Tesslyn "Buddy" a few times :-)

No comments: