Friday, July 9, 2010

In an effort to blog more...

Once upon a time, way back when we lived in Columbus, we stopped at Barnes & Noble and we looked at the journal section....we LOVE the journal section.  Here I found a journal that encouraged mom's to write down their legacy to their children.  What happened at this time? What did you feel about this?  I liked the idea but I didn't like the journal so I bought that journal for the ideas and another journal that was blank to write in.

I haven't started the process.  I want to, I just haven't started yet.

So I thought maybe I would type it out on the blog first and then write it later...something about having a hand-written journal to read appeals to me and maybe the girls will find it interesting some day.  Turns out Julia has a journal to read when she gets older...something Loran kept when he was overseas for her.  I think that is totally cool...weird for me in a way...but cool for Julia.

Maybe I'll start the process soon...or maybe I should figure out how to more effectively teach my Intro to Dairy Science class.  July is going by so fast already!  You'll be the first to know what my decision is.  I might share with you either way :-)  I know I have friends who always like to hear about cows :-)

2 comments:

Jawan said...

Handwritten journaling is something that I like to do, too. There's something about the time spent to write down words, huh? It's hard to get to, though....after blogging, motherly duties, church, outside stuff, play, etc.....journaling has taken a back seat. I need to do more of it as well!

heather said...

I started journals for each of my children. I write thoughts, ideas, "wisdom" to pass on, observations about each child. It has been ages since I have written in those. I need to get back to it.