Thursday, August 27, 2009

Someone else's words

I normally just hyperlink a blog post that I think is cool but I wanted to actually have the words in my blog. Brianna is a young lady that has experienced quite a journey. She got pregnant with sextuplets and lost all but one special little guy, Sylas. Now she has precious Ivy to add joy to her life. She has a loving husband and, most assuredly, a loving family and church.

I know because I grew up in the same church. I know who her family is. Her grandfather was the pastor of the church for all of my life until recently when her father took over the role. I love going back there and now that she and I are both back in Wisconsin I am looking forward to seeing her in church on Sunday (God willing) and saying Hi. I don't just lurk on her blog, I post occasionally too, but I watch her lovely little family grow from a distance because we didn't really know each other well at church because we are about a decade apart in age. Makes a difference :-)

Enjoy a lovely post from Brianna.


Oh, to Fly

The other day, I thought I killed a bird. WHAM! It took a nose dive into the front of my car.

It was a beautiful goldfinch. I was very sad.

About five minutes later I came to a stop, dropped off the babysitter and was about to back out of her driveway when something amazing happened.

The goldfinch flew out from under the front of my car!!! He was alive and as lovely as ever.

That little survivor got me thinking. You're going about your business, living the day to day when WHAM! Life takes you completely by surprise. Without warning you find yourself in circumstances you've never imagined. You're zooming down the highway and uncertain if you'll survive.

It's frightening. Nay, terrifying.

But then something beautiful happens. As the shock wears off and you've had a chance to take in your new surroundings, you realize one very important thing. You still remember how to fly.

Oh yes, you most assuredly remember how to fly.

No comments: