Saturday, May 16, 2009

I am so blessed

I am so blessed to know the people I know. I love to read what they write and get a glimpse into their lives.

I love to read about the tears that almost flow because of a small moment seen in someone's life.
I love to see pictures of love between siblings and parents and kids.
I love to read about birthdays and reunions.
I love to read about new life beginning.
I love to read about lives changing, even though that is SO hard.

I don't want to think about the changes coming. I told a friend recently that I was glad they were leaving here too because otherwise I would be jealous that she would get to keep some of what I am leaving behind.

But even if I would stay, what I have now won't be here much longer. Has there ever been so many friends leaving all at once? How different life will be by the end of August, not just for me, moving to Wisconsin, but for one...two...three...four...five...six...seven...families? And all of the families left behind?

Is it easier to be the ones leaving or the ones left behind, those who are still in the schools they are used to, the houses they have made into homes, still at the church that has become...the center of so much?

I don't want to leave. I am scared and sad. But I am excited and glad.

And still, through everything...always, I am so blessed.

No comments: