Thursday, February 25, 2010

Keep reminding me...

I read a few blogs...not many because I don't have a lot of time...but the ones that I do read, well, most of you read mine too :-) And thank you!

Thank you for letting me read about being a mommy of two with a third on the way...and the blessing of staying home with them. It helps me live vicariously in a situation I sometimes wish I was in.

Thank you for letting me read about the adventure of becoming a new mom (HINT: blog more about it!) because I like to remember what that felt like.

Thank you for putting your thoughts in your blog because even though we talk every day, sometimes I get new insight into who you really are and who I am growing old with.

Thank you for letting me read your words that you know I love...I can't wait until your kids are a little older and you start writing more...because I think you are amazing with words. I've told you so before :-)

Thank you for reminding me how to enjoy the quiet time, for reading all of the good "gospel blogs" and linking to the best stuff so that I can share it with you but not take away from my treasured time with my family too much.

Thank you for sharing your amazing photography...the new pictures to music posts are so cool! I like seeing the world through the eyes of your camera.

Thank you for sharing the struggles and joys of homeschooling. I like to live vicariously because I wonder if I would have done it, even it I hadn't gone back to university life.

To those who don't read my blog but I read theirs...thank you for being a mommy who loves so intensely and misses those lost so much. Thank you for sharing your family because so many of them have been like family to me my whole life.

Thank you for sharing your struggles with us all on the web and even on T.V. I hurt for you that you are going through so much but you are so loved, by your family and the rest of us.

Thank you all...you make my life richer and fuller...and I should start returning the favor, in case you get anything out of what my life looks like :-)

3 comments:

Jawan said...

Thank you, Tera, for being a shining example of the gospel as you love your girls, work hard as a professor, spend time with Loran, and strive to be all that God has made you to be. I have kept that sweet note you wrote to me. It now sits in a special eye-catching spot on my fridge so I'm reminded to pray for you. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny? When you were a stay at home mama I was a working mama who taught English. Now I'm a stay at home mama and you're a working mama who teaches . . . complex college level sciencey things that have to do with agriculture and mammalian (but non-human) lactation. We traded.

:-) I wish we could have done that closer to one another.

Melissa said...

Tera, that was a sweet post! I've said it before -- I'm so glad that we have the blogosphere to help us stay connected. We always say that our best time was while we were in GA, but that was because we had such wonderful friends -- and I can't tell you how much we miss them, and by them I mean you (and your family)!!