Monday, April 5, 2010

Home, home, home, home, home

There are things that still bring me to tears with the realization that I am HOME. Sometimes just driving up to my folks' house. This Easter weekend it was "The Promise". I haven't seen it in probably 5 years but I got to take Loran and Julia to see it this year. I cried because it is a moving and dramatic musical about the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. But also because I was home.

It was fantastic to make a single dessert and still get to share in the BOUNTY that is the food at the holidays with my family. It was so awesome for my girls to run around with their first, second, and first cousin-once removed cousins. There was an Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning at my parents' house that included ALL of the grandkids for the first time ever (including the step-grandkids). Julia flipped over being able to hang with Katy and Sophie AND Shayla and Felicia. The time we spend together is so LOUD and crazy and so MISSED by me. I am happy to share these experiences and my family with Loran and the girls. It is what he signed on for when he decided to keep me around and when he decided that we could move to Wisconsin. And I know he loves it too. As does Julia and Ankica. Not so sure about Lillian yet :-)

Pictures sometime when I can catch my breath.

No comments: