Tuesday, May 4, 2010

They pushed THAT button

I want to ask for a re-do of April. I was on a role with Weight Watchers. Until Easter and Julia's visit.

I was caught up with everything at work. Until Julia was with me for a week at work (and no, I am not blaming Julia...I let it happen and wanted to be an ear for her).

I had all of my housework in order. Until the weather started to get nice and I decided to try some raised bed flower gardens in the front yard.

I am behind and I am stressed out.

Yesterday my students embarassed me by not leaving any ice cream for the faculty. I thought they would have fun and make batches and batches of ice cream. They made three...one for each mega-group and then ate it all and left. Aargh...

This morning I went into class after another professor had given them their evaluation forms to fill out.

Why did they pick THIS morning to be so STUPID!

There were four in the back talking and taking pictures. There were others talking in not so quiet voices near the front of the room.

I have been a VERY tolerant teacher...and this morning I gave up. I was in mid-sentence and just told them I was done. I would put the rest of the slides on-line and they could read them for themselves because I was NOT going to try to talk over them anymore.

I almost let myself cry I was so upset.

Oh well...at least it won't change their evaluation of me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's when you give them a VERY hard, essay format, final exam as punishment :) Don't be shy...I've had professors do that and I survived :)