Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Orion, the mighty hunter...EWWWW!

I had the windows and doors open, hoping there would be a nice breeze. As I am feeding the girls their breakfast, there is a LOUD commotion outside the porch door...and Orion, the mighty hunter, brings in a VERY LIVE BIRD!!!
He ran downstairs with it and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to keep him from finishing it off and trying to get it out of the house. Mission accomplished but it has a broken leg. The windows and doors are now closed and the A/C is on. Last year: mice and a frog. This year: a bird and...who knows? Well, I really don't want to know because EVERY time has been when Loran has been gone except the first mouse carcass he placed on the kitchen floor while we were eating last summer.

Orion was proud of himself. I am questioning having an indoor/outdoor cat during the spring/summer months.

No comments: