Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Slow going with a lot to do

I always have tremendous plans for the summer. I will eat better, move more. I will read a book, do a puzzle, read to the girls more, go to the library (which we did pretty well in Columbus), walk the dogs, plant a garden, organize the house in preparation for busier time.

I am so behind in so many areas and it just makes me want to do less. I should be getting more done because Julia is here to play with the girls but I am so overwhelmed by the myriad of small tasks to do that I just don't do any of them.

I don't let myself get discouraged like I used to with all of the amazing things that all of my amazing friends are able to accomplish. I try to remind myself that we are all human and I am sure I do good things too :-) But I still think about people I know who would do any of the things on my list better...and then I drag my feet.

I need a routine, even for the summer but routines have never been easy for me to stick with. So far this week I have walked two mornings in a row, so that is good. I have managed to keep my flowers alive by watering them every day when it isn't raining. Also good. I have to remember that today is only the 8th of June and some kids are just getting out of school! I have lots of summer left and if I complete one task at a time, I will complete them all. Now for the tough choice...which one to start with?

No comments: