Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm actually glad to be back

As the days approached where I would have to really go back to work (not just the occasional "drop the girls off at school for a few hours so I could get some work done" kind of work), I was really dreading it. I completely did not feel like I was ready.

I love being home with my girls. I am blessed that I got to spend every day with them from birth to basically two or more. And I am blessed with an awesome job that doesn't bother me much from December 19 to January 18. When I started work in August, it was exciting. It was new and something that I had prayed long and hard about. As the second semester approached I just wasn't sure that I could handle going back.

But I had to, if for no other reason than that house we fell in love with almost two years ago still belongs to us and it is not the house we are currently living in.

And now that I am here, I am actually glad to be back. I like my job. I like the students and the atmosphere. I like having an office and having people think (foolishly at times) that I know the answer to things :-)

So I am back for at least another semester. Last week Monday I had to turn in a file that helps the important people decide if they want to keep me for next year. I am not worried but it will be nice to know for sure if summer vacation will last past September 1.

I am preparing for another round of Introduction to Animal Science. I will be seeing one student again from last semester. I hope he tries harder this time.

Biology of Lactation will be interesting because it, more than anything else I have taught, is right up my alley.

Dairy Products Analysis and Processing will be challenging because I know VERY LITTLE of the information I will be teaching so I will be learning it right before I teach it. Especially the processing part. Thank goodness for three very local cheese plants that have agreed to do tours this semester :-)

So now I am off to prepare for next week's lecture because (GASP!) I have this week's lectures done already!


(Now if I could just come up with two more articles to write for AC in the Arts & Entertainment category, I'll be golden :-) )

No comments: