Friday, January 1, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

It has been a crazy mess around here.

We planned on going to my parents' house for Christmas Eve and Christmas but we now live in Wisconsin and the weather won out. It rained and sleeted and then snowed. I sent Loran to the store on Christmas Eve morning to get the trappings of a Christmas meal that I would once again be making by myself. Sigh.

Then we decided that it would be fun to get my two nieces for a few days when we got Julia so the cousins could all play. That meant FIVE girls from 2-9 (almost 10) in our house, which is thankfully quite big, for THREE days. I have never washed so many dishes in my life. Up to the sound of Jingle Bells being sung by Lillian over the baby monitor, make breakfast, clean from breakfast, see what the girls are up to, prepare for lunch, put it on the table, make sure everyone is happy with their relative proximity to Julia at the table, eat lunch, clean up from lunch, put the littlest two down for naps, start preparing supper, do some FUN things with the girls, finish supper, eat supper, clean up from supper, get girls ready for bed. Go to sleep myself and then start over again.

And I loved every minute of it!

We went to mom and dad's on the 30th and came back on the 31st. I wanted to spend time up there to be able to see two of my sisters that were arriving today for a time, but there are other responsibilities here and Julia is flying out tomorrow already. Ah well. At least we live in Wisconsin now :-)

Pictures of our grand adventures to follow.

No comments: