Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog hopping like I tend to do at 3pm on a Tuesday

And this is something I found:

It is a waste of time and energy to worry about what others are thinking about you. because... You can never know exactly what another person is thinking...AND, the wost part is...they are usually not thinking about you at all. They are too busy worrying about what others are thinking about them. So, the truth is, all those terrible thoughts you thought they might be thinking about you, are your own thoughts about yourself. Better spend your energy worrying about that...or, you just might convince somebody to think what you were afraid they might be thinking after all. ~Portia Nelson

I worry about what people think of me. Not as much as I used to, but still I do. And my competitive nature is rearing its ugly head at work. I took this job because of the freedom (yes, freedom). I don't HAVE to do research but if the chance arises I could. I don't HAVE to be involved in every club and committee that comes my way, but if I like the ladder it might take me up, I will get involved. I want my RST file to look AMAZING but I took this job because I knew darn well that they won't fire me if I don't have a perfect file. I don't have to keep up with the guys who have their wives to take care of the house and the kids or the ladies that don't have kids or the people who have been here forever. I just have to be me, do my best with what time I have, and concentrate on making my works hours count more so that my home hours count more.

And another thing I realized? I was a lazy SAHM. The girls didn't eat as well as they should have and they watched too much T.V. They didn't exercise enough. They eat better now and exercise more. Side benefit is that they are picking up some cool skills. My babies might just be better off in certain ways by being at the UWPCC.

I still miss it though.

Did I mention next week is Spring Break?! And those students of mine think they are excited?!

No comments: