Monday, April 27, 2009

Never say never...the curse of the proud

I am learning the hard truth that I am a proud person. Too proud.

I have said I will never do this and never do that. Circumstances arise that rapidly change my ability to resist the "this and thats".

I believe that, as moms, many of us had lots of nevers stored up for when we had our OWN kids. I have dealt with some of that, although I was pretty open to the process after adjusting to being a stepmom for a year or so before I had Ankica.

But now, with so much up in the air with starting my new job and moving to Wisconsin and selling our house, well, I have to reevaluate lots of things.

First thing was the job itself. A hard decision to leave Georgia and our great family of friends and start my career a few years earlier than I originally intended too, but I believe it will turn out to be a good decision in the end.

Second thing...well, I have to work up to admitting it to the world. Stay tuned to find out what "NEVER" that I will compromise on next...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I am very interested!!

Love jo