Sunday, November 15, 2009

Super Ankica to the rescue!

That is a little line that Ankica likes to say sometimes and today it came true.

I washed the girls' hands after giving them some dough from the dinner rolls I was making and they were a mess. We washed hands and then I turned the light off and headed downstairs to watch some more of the Packer game.

We heard Ankica telling Lillian to come downstairs and as they were coming down, Ankica told Lillian she needed to come down in case she got a tummy ache. A red flag went up and I asked Ankica why Lilli would have a tummy ache. She said that Lillian ate something green from the bathroom. I immediately knew what it was and I smelled Lillian and ran upstairs. Sure enough, she had eaten some of the Scrubbing Bubbles toilet gel from the inside of the toilet.

I have a feeling that she had done it once before because I remember cleaning the toilet yesterday morning and thinking that the gel looked "smudged" and no one really uses that toilet but those thoughts came later. The side of the box said to drink water so we got Lillian drinking. I called Poison Control immediately and they quickly informed me that the chemical would not burn or be poisonous although the soap part could make her sick to her stomach. We had her drinking water, eating ice cream, and eating yogurt. She even ate a little at supper.

Lillian seems completely fine right now and now I know I need to keep a closer eye on "Trouble" but I am SO grateful that it wasn't worse and I am SO proud of Ankica and what she did for her little sister. They love each other so much!

1 comment:

Mrs. Cowan said...

Yay Ankica!

I happen to believe that big sisters are completely awesome (being one myself), and watching my mackerdoodle share with and play with her brother reinforces my feelings.

Aren't they a treasure?