Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You Veterans!

I am so blessed. I live in a country defended by (past, present, and future) some of the greatest people ever. I personally know so many veterans and I am grateful for each and every one of you!

Loran: I love you and THANK YOU for your service to our great nation, then and now.

One of the best things about living in Columbus Georgia was getting to meet so many AMAZING people in the military. Sean, Jeremy, Joe, Kelsey, Macks, Ira, Mark, Mr. A.T., Dr. Bryson, Jim (and maybe Mike)...I apologize if I am forgetting anyone! What great people...I was truly blessed to have spent time with all of them and their families. As is the way of the military, many of them have even moved on since we met. GOD BLESS YOU ALL! Especially those of you still overseas.

My family is full of veterans and active military as well: David, Paul, Grandpa, Dad M., Doug, Uncle Marty, Jeremy, Bobby, Dr. Holte (close enough to family).

I heard a Red Skelton clip on FLR this morning talking about the Pledge of Allegiance. Very moving. I am going to observe Veteran's Day at 11am here on campus with an event the Veteran's club is sponsoring. There are 170 students on campus who are veterans, including the President and VP of the Student Senate. I will bring some kleenex. I am so PROUD to be an American! I pray that the next President of this country is someone a bit more closely connected to the military...like maybe the mother of a soldier. Or at least someone who has served. We should get back to that.

No comments: