Sunday, November 22, 2009

Chicken Strips and Dipping Sauce...Just Not the Same

I made some homemade cheesy breaded chicken strips and we had honey mustard (Sweet Baby Ray’s...pretty good) and Kraft Ranch Dressing and BBQ sauce. It was good. Loran will eat just about anything I put in front of him as long as I follow the rules. I won’t make anything I won’t eat. Ankica and Lillian have always liked breaded chicken and even Julia ate a few helpings (we have Julia until next Sunday...yea!)
One thing was missing though...one very major thing. Chick-Fil-A sauce. I LOVE that stuff! Seriously if anyone knows someone that works there (hint, hint) and they can get the secret recipe, or even just get us a supplier, I would be SO grateful :-)
Just another thing to miss about Columbus. Loran might miss “the South”, but I only knew Columbus and that is what I miss.
It should snow here this week, finally. It will be very cool because Julia is with us for the week so she can be part of the new annual FIRST SNOW traditions, whatever those turn out to be.
I am looking forward to the three days of work this week because Julia will be hanging out with me. It will be good for her to see what I do and what college is like a little bit (because she WILL be going someday) and it is always good to encourage her to see that there is more to life than job-hopping and minimum wage.

No comments: