Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Did you know...?

A while back I was tagged to come up with some things that most people don't know about me. I apologize because I forgot why or how it all worked, I just remember that Jawan started it (and I remember that I didn't know she was a "clogger" :-)

So...did you know:

I was the State Grand Champion in Horseless Horse Showmanship (in Wisconsin) in 1992.

If I could, I would become a professional Dressage competitor.

I convinced my roommate my senior year in college to go home on the weekends to see her boyfriend so that I could have the room to myself more often.

I took a small engine repair class when I was in Illinois. I repaired a chainsaw for a friend of mine.

my nickname as a young child was Peabody. (Did I really just put that out there?!)

I almost went to graduate school for Equine Biomechanics, but became a Lactation Physiologist instead.

I got to travel around Europe for three weeks by myself the summer of 2000 and the University of Maryland paid every cent. All I had to do was present my Master's research and ask intelligent questions :-)

I tried to raise a puppy for the seeing eye dog program in Wisconsin. I wanted to name the puppy "Vision" but had to change it to Kasey. (He never became a seeing eye dog. He had an unfortunate incident with a car and passed away at an early age.) I would love to try again but Loran wouldn't be able to part with the dog after raising it for a year :-)


Just a few random facts about me!

1 comment:

Jawan said...

I have just Googled "professional Dressage competitor" and found this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressage

I know so little.....I'm intrigued.