Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ticket to Ride

I LOVE TO PLAY GAMES. Card games. Board games. You name it.

There, I said it. It is out in the open now. Of course, it really isn't a secret and my poor husband probably wishes he knew about this side of me before he married me. But he is stuck with me now and occasionally humors me (mancala, cribbage, scrabble, even chess on occasion), especially when Julia is with us, because THANKFULLY she likes to play games too (just don't expect her to concentrate very hard) :-)

So anyway, two summers ago I was introduced, through my youngest sister and her then boyfriend (now husband) Adam, to a game called Ticket to Ride.


I love it. In fact, I believe that there are two other family members that now own the game and Heidi and Adam have at least one more version than the original.

I digress.

We played a few times during that vacation and then Heidi brought it with her when they visited us after Lillian was born. Even at a few days old, Lillian was enjoying the game.



We probably played the Christmas of 2007 which brought us all together for Heidi and Adam's wedding (looking back on it, they should have had a TTR cake!).

I know we played it this last summer (2008) on vacation and we played again on the day after my interview when everyone was home for a visit. Much to my Daddy's delight, Loran and I arrived back at their house on Sunday night so we could play AGAIN :-) And Lillian decided Grandma needed some help.

Of course, Dad came home from work on Monday and Loran and I joined him in another game and my mom went out and bought the extension set of cards and we played again when SHE got home. (That makes a total of four times in three days if you were counting...)

Was I tired of it? Not a chance!!!! Remember my earlier confession?! Was my honey tired of it? Yes, he most definitely probably was. Was he a trooper and did he hang in there and humor me and my parents? Yup. Does he deserve to be rewarded for his efforts? Yeah. I just haven't decided how big of a reward he should get especially because he avoided THOSE THREE when playing against my dad.

(Let's just say that Adam never figured out that you are supposed to let your father-in-law win and my dad told Heidi that it was sad that she would be a widow so early in life. Yeah, Daddy gets serious sometimes...Adam will learn :-) )

1 comment:

Jodi said...

What happened to "What is it Wednesday?"

Love Jo