Thursday, June 18, 2009

And the answer is...GO ILLINI!

Chief Illiniwek dancing around at half-time at a basketball game in Assembly Hall at the University of Illinois in Champaign my final year there.

The Illini played the Michigan State Spartans. That year I had season tickets on the floor right behind the players bench. Great seats but at the same time not as good as the seats I had a few years before that where we didn't have to stand the whole time to try and see the game over the 7 foot players :-)

I loved my time at the U of I. I am actually glad that we are going to be living close to Illinois because I have alot of pride for that school.

I am still probably a bigger Badger fan (even though I am not a Madison alum) simply because I grew up in Wisconsin and my daddy loves him some Badger basketball!

I told Daddy once that someday I would get us tickets to the Big Ten championship games and stay in a nice hotel and have limo service to and from the games. Now that we will be living in Wisconsin again, that seems so much more doable someday!

No comments: