Saturday, August 15, 2009

My beauties


This is what has been keeping me busy...spending as much time with them as possible before we are separated for hours a day. I always enjoy the look on their faces when I have picked them up from the nursery at church...they were always so excited after such a short time away from me. Of course sometimes Ankica wouldn't want to leave her friends but I actually appreciate her passion (even when the tantrums get a bit tiring...and she is doing the same thing with her neighborhood acquaintances).

Ankica is getting so polite and Lillian is getting to be two with all that entails. They love on each other constantly and fight only occasionally. I hope they will be okay with being apart from each other during the day.

Ankica still isn't potty trained and after reading about little girls that are Lillian's age getting potty trained, I am discouraged. I have been slated to write a bunch of potty training articles for Associated Content so maybe that will help with different ideas. She just doesn't mind being wet. The doctor isn't concerned yet and so I won't be either (not much anyway). Hopefully seeing the kids during the day that are "big kids" will help move her in that direction. We shall see.

Ankica learned to hike the football this morning and is riding her bike (with training wheels) quite well. Lillian sings all of the time and is learning to count. Ankica can count to thirteen consistently and almost to twenty. We are working on spelling her name and she actually says her name correctly now! :-)

I can barely remember a time without them and as much as I want one more, I am loving our little family of four (and sometimes five).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tera, I hope I haven't been the source of discouragement for you! None of my sister's kids have been potty trained until well into their threes. Moriah's not counting and only says the alphabet to "G". Abigail can say the whole thing. Everyone develops at their own speed and does different things at different times.

Melissa said...

They sure are beautiful.... and don't worry about the potty-training, she'll get there.

Jodi said...

They certainly are beauties!! I LOVE their eyes, just like their mom's!

I do get concerned about potty training and learning all of that stuff too. All mom's do I am sure.

If I remember correctly, Katy was not potty trained until she was 3 or so, not to worry.

Emma has decided to take her diaper off at some point during the night on Friday and Saturday night and wet the bed. Last night we remembered to put something on her bottom half so she couldn't take it off. I really did not feel like washing her sheet for the third time!

Love ya.
Jo

Laura said...

They are adorable. As for potty training, I am with you. You ask my little man if he wants to use the potty and he starts screaming "NO POTTY, DIAPER". I feel your pain.

Oh can you email me your address?