Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, here we go...


Tomorrow I officially become an employee of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville in the College of BILSA, and the School of Agriculture. I will be a teacher and a an advisor. I will teach classes, advise students, give presentations, and attend workshops. And that is all before the end of October. I am still overwhelmed.

I hope to eventually become a researcher again. And a mentor. And get appointed to a committee or two. And become the go-to person in something as I meet alumni and the producers in the state. I may soon have goat producers calling me because of my background at Langston University. You never know why God puts you where He does but when one or two things become obvious, it is an AWESOME thing.

It is hard to believe this day has come. I know I have mentioned it before but I really never thought that I would be using my hard-won Ph.D. in Wisconsin in this capacity. I really didn't.

Loran has an interview tomorrow at 2pm in Belmont and a REALLY exciting one on Thursday at 11am. That is the one that we hope turns into federal employment. Only about 25 minutes away. And it would put us in a really good place here.

We are slowly starting to become known at the church. In fact, we seem almost infamous :-) Loran played guitar for almost three hours last week with the Associate Pastor, who leads worship and is quite a good player himself. Pastor Dana was so excited to be able to jam with Loran :-) Last week a lady approached me with excitement because she had been reading our blog for a while and was happy we were attending. Three Sundays in September will find us at church in a membership class. Even with our background as members in a PCA church, I am glad of the opportunity to see what the EPC is all about.

We watched a Packer game on state TV last night. It was wonderful :-) And they won very convincingly. We might make a showing this year!

Lililan's birthday party is on August 30th. We will really miss all of our friends that have been with us for the first two years of her life. I wish you all could come. But on the exciting side we will be able to have family at a birthday party finally. 32 members of family to be exact :-) I was always jealous of Chad and Chrissy and their mounds of family. Now I can have that too!


No comments: