Friday, September 5, 2008

The Endless Link Cycle

I was reading a blog I read almost every day. On that blog, the author had a link. I followed the link. That led to another blog that I browsed for a while until I found another interesting link. That link led to a blog that linked to a website. And at that website I spent an hour just looking around until I figured out how the website is going to help me do something I have wanted to do for a while.

When I get that thing accomplished, I'll let you know.

But I was just amazed at how easy it is to get sucked into the endless link (and blog) cycle.

I have had to limit myself recently to only sitting down at the computer during the early afternoon when the girls are fed and happy to entertain themselves, otherwise I feel bad that I am spending so much time reading on the computer.

But I discovered something else...I miss my research. I've missed teaching for a while, but recently I really have felt out of touch with my field of study. Luckily I found that some of the new articles in photoperiod and lactation physiology of cows and goats (:-)) were free on the Journal of Dairy Science website. Just some light reading for my non-existent "down-time".

Some day I will sit down and post about my Master's research and then about my Ph.D. research. I find it interesting. Maybe someone else will too :-)

I couldn't NOT post pictures of the girls...

I found this older pictures of Ankica...boy what a chunk! She was 6 months old in that picture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear you sister.  I get sucked in by the blogs too.  Looking for recipes too!love ya, jodi