Saturday, September 6, 2008

Julia's Jungle Room

I finally finished the tiger painting in Julia's room and am ready to show it off :-)

I started the painting before our open house in May just so that Julia would have an idea what it would look like. I did part of the nose and jaw with a projector and the rest I did free-hand.


The painting of the toucan was one that I did and framed in high school and I was happy to have a place to hang it where it would fit well.

Over Julia's desk I tried to paint a patch of bamboo...it was very freehand just like the rest of the plants I painted in her room.

This is camo net that we hung up to separate the bed "cubby" from the rest of the room and give the jungle room a cool look.

These next pictures are the walls of the bed cubby. The plant in the hanger died and so I need to replace it. Oops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That tiger looks amazing!!!! The room is so fun!! I hope Julia likes it.

Love jo