Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Airplane Travel with Car Seats

The last couple of times that we have flown with one or more of the girls, we take their car seat(s) along with us. We check it at the plane so that we know that it is generally well taken care of.

It really is a pain in the rear to take it with us through the airport, especially with two little ones and I am not at all sure that this is a good idea for the trip tomorrow but I also know that we don't really have the $50 per day that it will cost to rent them on the other end.

Well, I decided that I had better clean them up a bit before taking them "in public".

OH
MY
WORD!!!!

How disgusting! I was going to take a picture but then I thought better of it because I hate to admit just how gross they got. I, like many people, feed my children in the car if the opportunity and neccesity arises. And not all of the food gets into their mouths. If what I found today is any indication, I don't know that ANY of the food got in their mouths!

I shook them and clorox wiped them and shook them some more. I have taken the liners off and they are being washed right now. I will be loath to feed the girls in the car again after what I went through to get them clean!

Now I just have to finish packing and vacuum out the van (on the seats where there is no doubt much MORE food and things), and run through my seminar a million times and I might be ready to leave tomorrow. Although I am NEVER really ready to travel through Atlanta :-)

No comments: