Monday, February 2, 2009

Stardust: A Movie I Will Own


If you haven't seen this movie yet, then you absolutely have to. If you liked Princess Bride, then you will like this movie. It is a fantasy fairy tale complete with Princes and Magic and Witches. It has tremendous acting (Claire Danes, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Robert De Niro are in it) and has some really funny moments.

We didn't watch it with the girls because it has a PG-13 rating and Ankica is getting old enough to be spooked by some scenes but I wouldn't hesitate to let Ankica or Julia watch it. There is a bit of suggestion of intimacy but there was not even questionable language that I remember or even much violence (the witch gets a little scary).

The movie is really a love story with adventure and magic tossed in. We put it on Netflix after seeing a preview on another movie we saw and I am so glad we gave it a chance!

Add it to your list of movies to rent, or borrow it from us because I am sure I will find an excuse to buy it soon (like Valentine's Day :-) ).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the book, but I was scared to rent the movie . . . because I loved the book. I'll have to give it a shot.

Laura said...

Thanks. I was haphazardly browsing through the movies on Netflix yesterday and was clueless what to put in my cue. Will add later today.

Laura said...

Just watched this. I am going to make Jer watch it with me when he gets home. LOVED IT!