Monday, September 7, 2009

Blogging inspiration has struck

Coralie's blog hit me with inspiration.

My girls are sponges. They learn so quickly. And nowadays some of the things they say and do come from someone other than me and that is quite strange but good for the most part (for now).

Ankica now knows what baling hay looks like and knows the three main species that eat it: cows, horsies, and sheeps. (I taught her that. ya think?)

Lillian is very capable of saying Ankica but still prefers to call her sissy. She calms down during the day if she is upset when she can see Ankica. Too sweet! (God gave her that.)

They sing and dance on a very regular basis and they are getting good at it too. (Loran teaches them that.)

They were helping each other bring Lillian's new bike into the garage singing "What's gonna work? Teamwork!" (Wonder Pets taught them that :-) )

Both girls are learning the importance of patience (some days not well, but learning) and disappointment. We were supposed to get Julia on Saturday but when we were 30 minutes into the drive we got a call from her mother saying that she didn't get Julia on the plane.

I won't tell Ankica again that we are picking Julia up. I'll let it be a surprise. I can't keep all of the disappointments in the world away from my babies but I will stop the ones that I know will come. They just keep coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry about missing Julia. I know the girls weren't the only ones experiencing disappointment.

Jodi said...

WOW!! I can't believe she did that.

Sounds like the girls are doing great! Miss you guys and we still have to plan a weekend to see you.

Love
Jo