Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life is good...too good?

Do you ever wonder if maybe you are being too blessed? That maybe something is going to happen to remind us that we are supposed to suffer for our faith? Okay, well maybe that might not be the right way to say it, but do you know what I mean?

We are blessed. I love my job. I get paid well. My girls love the Children's Center and I am grateful for the people there caring for my precious babies. The girls and I have a great routine for getting our stuff together and heading home every night. We have a nice house on a lovely cul-de-sac where all three other houses have children under 6 in a nice little town only two hours from my parents and most of my family. I have two great dogs and a great cat.

And now? Loran got a job! He was offered (and accepted) the SSA job. And they will be paying him quite well to start with. And even better over the next three years. He will have to spend 13 weeks in training and that time might be spent away from home. I am not looking forward to that prospect. I hope it will be worth it.

Loran just came home from jamming with the church worship band and is totally excited about it. We like the people at the new church. It won't be as nice as having people in our town from church that we can get together with on a regular basis but we will get involved nonetheless.

So when will the other shoe drop? We still have the monkey on our backs in Georgia but just decided to hire a full-time realtor to try to sell it. We have some GREAT friends trying to keep the hoodlums from trashing the place. Anyone need to buy a house?

I am going to enjoy life as it is for as long as I am able. I am going to do my best to live life one day at a time, praising my Savior for the gifts He has given me. Tonight I sat with the girls and held Lillian as we watched Blue's Clues before bed. I have a few hours before my class tomorrow to polish my lecture so I made supper and cleaned up a bit around the house while they played. Then we just spent time together. I love my life. I still have my moments when I am jealous of my friends who are stay at home moms. But I am finding happy in every day.

Ahh...time for bed. Good nights and good days to all of you!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I know exactly how you feel about sometimes feeling too blessed -- that something's about to happen. Then I feel guilty for feeling that way!:) Congrats to Loran on the new job... it sounds like you are settling nicely into your new place. Answers to many prayers!