Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's over!

My first class as an Assistant Professor at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is over!

It was Introduction to Dairy Science and their were 59 students in there. I felt comfortable, mostly. The students got to leave 15 minutes early because I always underestimate their level of involvement. ALWAYS.

So now I know...make 10 more slides than I think I will have time for and they will be there the whole 52 minutes :-)

I have one more class this afternoon and the first day of classes will be over. There will be many more first day of classes in my life...for me as an instructor, for my girls as they go through school, but THIS one is different. I hope it is my only first day as a new professor. I hope that I will only grow from here, in this office, until I retire.

I am home.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats professor!

From My Position said...

I'm so completely and utterly proud of you, honey, I just can't tell you enough.

You rock!!