Monday, September 28, 2009

I love being home, etc. etc.

(I have been inspired to blog, once again, by Coralie...)

Last Thursday and Friday I was in Green Lake Wisconsin for a teaching workshop. Green Lake is only 30 minutes from Fond du Lac (where mom and dad and my sister Jodi are) so the girls and I travelled up on Wednesday night and stayed until Friday late afternoon.

My sister Jodi watched the girls so she had four children under the age of 3 1/2 in the house (Ankica - 3, Sam - 2, Lillian - 2, Emma - 1) :-) Bless you Jo! Jodi has a new camera that I hopes she learns to use as well as Melissa does...oooh I love her pictures!

The girls loved playing at Grandma and Papa's house. Lots of "new" toys inside and outside and they love their cousins. It was an amazing thing to come home from work on Wednesday at 5pm with McDonald's to keep the girls occupied while I quickly packed a few things and drove to mom and dad's for a relatively short two hours in time for the girls to have some cuddles and head to bed.

I have spent more time with my family in the past four months than I have in the past four years. It is AWESOME!

I am preparing to give two exams this week and I have journal presentations to grade. I am in a constant state of preparing for the next class 10 minutes before it starts but I am still trying to keep the house and play with the girls like I did before. I am still writing for Associated Content (I am getting offers for up to $25 an article these days) and I have ideas constantly floating around in my head for grants to write and crafts to do.

I love fall and it has hit full force today. Lots of blustery wind and chilly temps. I even have a sniffle :-) Once we recover from the move and not having income for WAY too long, we want to put in a fireplace. Can you say "Happy Birthday to Loran"? (I hope!)

When I calm down from all the craziness (is that ever going to happen?) I want to post some pictures to the blog. I wish I didn't need so much sleep :-) Ah, to be Jawan :-)

1 comment:

Jawan said...

This is like a blog post of "Ode to Columbus!" - we love and miss you!