Friday, August 15, 2008

Blah...

Anyone have any funny or encouraging stories they want to tell?

I have been just so DOWN today. I know the reason...not something that I am willing to talk about on a blog.

I hate feeling this way and I know that I rile myself up over the past WAY more than I should. I should just "give it to God". I try, I really do.

But I am human (is that an excuse? I'm not sure.) and so there are days when I can't get myself out of a destructive cycle of thought. Now, whether or not I should let myself do this, I don't know, but I DO know I am not the only one. The "what if's" set in.

Ugh...

Thankfully, being a Christian has taught me that "feelings" don't have to equal my belief. What I mean is, I don't always have to be totally spiritually "happy" and connected to God 24/7. In fact, no one can do that. But that doesn't stop me from believing that my God loves me more than I can possibly imagine.

Same goes for our families. Do we have to be blissfully happy with every aspect of our family lives in order to love our spouses and kids? No, of course not. But some people think they must not be "in love" if they don't feel the constant intense love they felt at the beginning (of either their marriages or the first time they saw their precious child/children). I know I love my family, and...

this too shall pass. It always does. And there are longer and longer periods of time between when I feel like this. Maybe some day I won't ever feel like this again. I hope so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you feel down today, Tera.

I wish I had some encouraging words for you right now. The one thing that comes to mind is F.R.O.G

Which is Fully Rely On God. This phrase has kept us going throughout the whole thing with Emma and even right now with our current situation.

Keep your chin up!

Love Jo