Thursday, August 7, 2008

VACATION: Part Two

Every morning we had breakfast on the deck. Loran or I were always up with at least one of our girls by 6:15am and we thoroughly enjoyed how moderate the temperature was, especially in the mornings. Then by 7:30am or so, everyone else rolled outside with their coffee and breakfast. Then the reading, sewing, and chatting began. The young girls would get up around 8:30am, they would have breakfast and get in the pool ASAP. My sisters and I would try to get a walk in and Adam (Heidi's husband) was training Heidi and Cheri in the fine art of tennis :-)



Daddies and their girls....


Sunday morning was fun because it was the 2nd Annual Perfect Pancake bake-off. I don't really know how it started last year but I think probably Heidi was bragging on Adam (they were just newly dating...or maybe Adam was bragging on himself...) about what a good pancake cook he was. Well, it just so happens that Cheri's husband, Matt, is also a killer pancake baker. So last year they both made pancakes and we all tasted and judged. This year was no different, except that Adam, being part of the family now, was cut no slack. Dare we say that his wife didn't even vote for his blueberry pancakes?! His only vote was a sympathy vote from my mom! What an awesome MIL!!! But the oatmeal streusel pancakes that Matt made were awfully tasty (even though Adam's pancakes were more Weight Watcher friendly :-))
*************
The pool was a popular place to be...my girls were either swimming, eating, or sleeping. Typical vacation for all of us I think :-)

Ankica was pretending to skim the pool with this kayak paddle.

Ankica and Lillian loved this pool just as much as ours (and it was about half again as big as ours so lots more people fit comfortably).

My mom was carrying Sam, dragging Ankica, and being chased by Lillian. Is there a better life?




I love pictures like these...seeing Loran on the floor playing with the girls. They are playing their version of Phase 10. I'm pretty sure that Lillian won :-)







On the way back, I stopped at Walmart to pick up some squeaky cheese (curds) for Mike and Kacie, who were back home watching the house and the animals for us. I promptly forgot the cheese at Mom and Dad's house and we stopped at this cute little shop in Janesville, WI.

Loran insisted that a Dairy Scientist/Lactation Physiologist (me) needed a mug like this. (The mug stands on an udder if you can't tell...)


The trip was fun but the drive back was LONG! We dropped Julia off and she started school on Monday. She likes it so far, but we miss her. Such is life I guess...

No comments: