Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quilting...my house is full of quilts!

Quilting is something that my mom starting a while ago...I'm not even sure how long ago...at least 15 years I would bet. And now me and my sisters are starting to get interested in it.

Here is a wall hanging that my sister, Heidi, made for us. THANKS HEIDI!!! It matches with quite a few other things that we have.

This is the quilt that my mom made for us as a replacement for the initial quilt she made for our wedding. One of our dogs, Indiana, tore some holes in it when she was trying to get comfortable after we first got married. The quilt pictured below is neat because last year on vacation, Loran, Julia, Katy, and myself all colored some of the pictures that Mom sewed into the quilt. Jodi and Mom colored the rest. THANKS MOM!!! It matches really well in our bedroom.

This is the quilt that Mom made for Lillian when she was first born. It is SO soft!

This is a small quilted piece that Mom made for me quite a while ago and I use it on my night stand. I saw the same pattern at a quilt store on vacation. I am going to be trying my hand at quilting soon but I am keeping the pattern and materials a bit hush-hush because I may be gifting some of it :-)

Here are three pillowcases that Mom made to go along with Julia's quilt (shown below). Now I just have to find my sewing machine and make the right sized pillows for them :-)

This quilt is on my cedar chest/hope chest at the foot of our bed. It was the first quilt Mom ever made for me and I got to help pick out the materials for the squares from scraps of other things Mom made for us over the years. I remember what each piece of material was originally used for. I should probably write it down before I start to forget...

No comments: