Monday, July 6, 2009

And then...

After spending a few days with my parents in Fond du Lac, we headed up north a bit to spend some time with two of my sisters at a boathouse we use. After a few hours, we headed back to Belmont (a little over two hours away) on Saturday night (6/26/09) with some air mattresses, plates, silverware, and a few pots and pans.



Sunday we visited GracePoint church in Dubuque and it was nice. The people were super friendly and the church loaned us a card table and chairs to make it through until our stuff arrived.



Sunday afternoon we took the girls to see UP (which I mentioned already) and that was alot of fun.


Dubuque is a really nice little city and has most of what we need that we can't find in Platteville (because Belmont has three good things...a gas station, a butcher shop, and some great pizza at a pub and that is ALL).

Ankica and I had some issues with sore throat and fever but we recovered quickly and settled into a week of trying to play with the minimum of toys and Loran went to visit with some people about finding a job. Nothing solid yet, but some interesting possibilities.



On Tuesday (6/30/09) we drove in to Dubuque to get a mattress and boxspring for Julia and a couch. (Julia thought this arm rest storage compartment between two recliners would fit a child...she was right!)


We found what we wanted are were grateful that they would be able to deliver on Thursday (7/2/09). Wednesday was mellow day of hanging out and then Thursday came. Holy cow!

1 comment:

Ang said...

Tera, I am glad you are starting to settle in after your busy travel days. It looks like quite an adventure, I will call you for advice when I have to do it in the next year even though I won't be going qutie so far. We miss you all already!! I gave Emily the birthday pic invite you sent out to put on her bulletin board so she can always be reminded of her :o) Stay in touch and I will try to e-maail sometimes when I can.