Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The power of music amazes me

I love the song from the end part of the movie "Fireproof". I have it on my playlist over on the side there. John Waller "While I'm Waiting". It conjures views of the movie in my head, which is cool because I did like the movie alot.

But it, like most of the songs I really love, moves me in a way that I can't put into words. That song reminds me to pursue God at all times, especially in what seems like the "down time", the waiting we humans tend to do while we are waiting for the next big thing: graduation, marriage, children, a career move, whatever. God's timing is perfect. I need to spend more time with Him "While I'm Waiting".

Some songs are just music I listen to and sometimes I know the words, sometimes not.

Most of the songs over on that playlist have the power to move me. I am listening to Kryptonite right now and I hear and see Loran and Rock Johnson in my head. They ROCKED THIS SONG! I wish I would have recorded it. It was my favorite song they did. I felt like such a groupie every time they played it (Loran did alot of the singing..awesome sexy voice...didn't really come out in church :-), take my word for it).

How Beautiful was played by my sister, Heidi, at our wedding. It was her choice and she did an amazing job playing and singing it.

At Last was selected by Loran as "our song" and I still remember what we were both doing the moment he said "Yeah, I like this one," as a CD of songs I compiled for the occasion played. I was making our wedding cake, of sorts, (have I posted the pictures and the story of that cake?) and he was chatting with an old friend that was going to be dog sitting for us. Strong memories.

Arise My Love was a song in an Easter musical that my church at home does every year called "The Promise". I am moved to tears each and every time I see it...and I have seen it a million times. I can't wait to be able to see it again this Easter after missing it for five years. The song is one of my favorites from the earlier versions of the musical.

Just a little ramble as I sit here and wait for the morning to come...when I can finish preparations and drive to Milwaukee to pick up the man of my dreams, the love of my life, the father of my children, the guy who somehow loves me inspite of all of my flaws and faults (and there are MANY), the man that agreed to move to Wisconsin for ME. Why I am so lucky, I will never know.

No comments: