Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ankica found my bear

In the midst of unpacking and reorganizing, the girls found some of my stuffed animals. Most of the stuffed animals that had belonged to me found their way into the girls room. But a few select toys live in the master bedroom. I am not sure that Loran likes it but the room is big enough that they are obstrusive :-)

I have a blue bear that is the subject of the child's book I am writing and attempting to illustrate. I have two stuffed dogs that were given to me for comfort after my two surgeries as a young child. I have a few horses that have special meaning and I have a bunch of elephants that fit in with all of the more grown up elephant things I have (and will eventually put up here) in the master bedroom.

And then I have a bear that is the first bear I ever got. Somewhere there is a picture of me as an infant with that bear, all plush and with a white ribbon around its neck. It has a music box that your turn to make it work so I don't think it will ever stop working. Ankica loves to wind it up and listen to it. I don't remember if I ever named it, but here it is...with my beautiful, all-too-grown-up baby girl.


No comments: