Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wisconsin is different from Georgia (part 4)

Julia is in Georgia and not in Wisconsin. Ugh.

Every summer we get closer and this summer was no different. I had a hard time holding back the tears today when she left with Loran. I'll see him in two weeks but not her. Her mother refused our offer and so Julia will be going to school in Georgia this year.

I am going to miss her constant questions, her silliness, her newfound love of her bike, and how she helps with the girls. They adore her and she adores them. They play hide and seek now because she taught them. Ankica counts to thirteen consistently because she helped her get it right. The girls do play well with each other but they come to me more often for entertainment without Julia (not a bad thing!) and I was forced to be Cindarella or the mouse today in the car on the way back from Milwaukee while Ankica was the other one. A game she made up with Julia. I am a poor substitute.

We'll see her again over Labor Day weekend if all goes according to plans. I pray that things will happen the way they are supposed to.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

How awful for Julia! She's such a sweet girl!